On the VAT return itself, you will be able to see the option to request a refund in case the input taxes exceed the output taxes paid by you. You are required to submit a VAT refund claim online via Form VAT311 to receive the net amount. The process involves the following steps:
- Go to FTA’s e-Services website and log in to your VAT account.
- Navigate the VAT reclaim form by clicking tabs – “VAT” >> “VAT Refunds” >> “VAT Refund Request”.
- Populate the given form with required information accurately. Also make sure that the already-there details of your business on the form are correct. Once checked, click on “Submit”.
- After receiving the form FTA will notify you about the status of your refund application. If approved you will receive your refund within 5 working days.
- In order to double check or verify the credited amount go to “Transaction History” >> “My Payment” in your account.